How Long Does Carpet Cleaning Take? A Guide For Customers
The short answer for how long does carpet cleaning take is: anywhere between 5 minutes and 3 days. Depending on the size of the area cleaned, its condition and stuff standing in the way of the cleaner (desks and chairs for example). In addition, there is time needed for the carpets to dry which should be added to the service time.
Now here’s the long answer
There are several factors that can influence how long the carpet cleaning in Arlington Texas will take to complete, as well as the length of time it will take for the carpet to dry afterwards.
- Size of area to be cleaned – the rule of thumb regarding carpet cleaning is usually 20 minutes per room for small rooms (bedrooms, hallways), and 30 minutes per room for large rooms (master bedrooms, living rooms, etc.). However, this is only a rule of thumb and not something you can depend upon. If the carpet is heavily soiled, stained, or just hasn’t been cleaned for a long time, several runs will be needed on the same areas, adding more time to the carpet cleaning. In addition, every run of the carpet cleaning wand adds more time to the drying time.
- The condition of the carpets – as mentioned above, heavy soiling, lots of grease or just some hard to remove stains can add a lot of time to carpet cleaning. Basically, a more soiled carpet will require a more thorough approach, including pre-spray and maybe even agitation with a special machine. This can add on another 10-20 minutes per room, not including set up time which may be a few more minutes.
- What the carpet is made of – Natural fibers take longer to dry than synthetic fibers, and also require a different treatment. Natural fibers are more delicate. In addition, they don’t repel stains and grease like most synthetic fibers do. In general, natural fibers like wool would require a more strict maintenance routine and more frequent cleaning to keep them looking their best.
- Additional solutions applied – Depending on the condition of your carpets and your requirements, there may be additional steps to carpet cleaning – pre-spray before the cleaning, or application of protector after the carpet cleaning is done. Each of these steps applies more fluid to the carpet, and creates more moisture that needs to dry. These steps can add as much as half an hour to the carpet cleaning, and can lengthen the drying time by two hours or more.
- Weather conditions – Carpet cleaning time isn’t affected much by the weather conditions (though bad weather can affect the set up time, making it harder to get everything ready for the cleaning). However, drying time is affected vastly by weather conditions. The carpet cleaning is done inside. When the weather cold, rainy, or even very humid, there is no option to air out a room and let fresh air inside. Good ventilation helps carpet dry more quickly, so bad ventilation can greatly increase drying time, Drying times can even double if the house is very cold with little or no air movement.
- Air movement – carpet in a well aired room with several windows, or even a ceiling fan would be able to dry faster than in a closed room with no air flow. Sometimes during winter, if your carpet cleaner can allow it, he will lay out a few drying fans to shorten the drying time of the carpets. Not all carpet cleaners do this, so if this is important to you ask about it before you schedule your appointment. This can greatly reduce drying time if the weather requires the house to stay shut (and there is no air ventilation system available – an HVAC unit you can turn on or a fan that will air the rooms).
How long will it take to clean my carpets?
We suggest you clear 1.5-2 hours for the cleaning appointment, and 6-8 hours for drying time of the carpets (but can go up to as much as 24 hours depending on the conditions). If you have the option, choose warmer weather for your carpet cleaning appointment.
Call now to get your carpets cleaned! (817) 319-9485